Surprised by the positive result, he decides to develop it into a mudguard concept together with a couple of cyclist friends.
True to the Gothenburg humor tradition, they call the project Ass Savers. Quite satisfied with the finished product, the friends post a short video of the product online.
The rest is mudguard history. The video goes viral and within 24 hours they build a simple web shop and six months later, Weigel quits his daytime job to fully focus on the new company.
Today the company employs 5 people and operates out of it's headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden. More than one million Ass Savers have been sold and the brand that started as a joke is now recognized by millions of cyclists all over the world. As the first mudguard ever to be used by professional cyclists in the UCI World Tour, it has proven that a good idea can go far.
- Ass Savers - Fendor Bender Big - DetourCHF 22.50
- Ass Savers - ASR Monster MayhemCHF 14.00
- Ass Savers - ASR Feathers - TropicalCHF 16.00
- Ass Savers - ASR Feathers - WhiteCHF 14.00
- Ass Savers - ASR Bold Rain - Yellow RainCHF 14.00
- Ass Savers - ASR Bold Rain - Red RainCHF 14.00
- Ass Savers - ASR Bold Rain - Blue RainCHF 14.00